Volume IX, Issue 1, Page 34


What's the proper way to do a burnout without hurting the converter sprag?

Alvin P Lyda

You just need to roll on the throttle and when the tires start to hook shut off.  Don't be a throttle jockey! Jumping on and off the throttle on the burn out or on the run hits the drive train very hard, this includes the transmission, torque converter and differential.


Mike’s Transmission
Lancaster CA
(661) 723-0081

Mike ,

Do you have any idea where a guy could find an adapter plate or bell to put a SBC in front of a large bell ,pan fill C-4? This is not for drag racing but for an early Bronco so it need not be SFI certed .

Thanks ,

Spence Sharp


We do have a small block Chevy to C-4 Bellhousing.  We would need to build you a C-4 to Chevy torque converter also.


Mike’s Transmission
Lancaster CA
(661) 723-0081

Ask the Experts!!

Submit your tech question to Mike Stewart here.

Your Question may or may not be chosen to be published on this page.

You can also email Mike Stewart at trannytech@dragracingonline.com

Recent Stories


Here's What's New!