A Drag Racer’s Christmas
YOU KNOW ITS A DRAG RACER’S CHRISTMAS
- When a stocking stuffer includes a couple of metric sockets.
- When everything on your wish list came from a Summit catalog.
- When you decide to work on your racecar just about the time Aunt Edna and Uncle Fred arrive for their annual Christmas visit.
- When the family watches It's A Wonderful Life while you watch National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation.
- When you try to convince your wife that an engine hoist would be a wonderful "Big Gift"... for her.
- When Bud Lite replaces eggnog as the holiday drink of choice.
- When your Christmas cookies seem to resemble Goodyear slicks.
- When the family gathers around the table and the main topic of conversation is about your local track.
THINGS YOU MUST DO THIS CHRISTMAS
- Re-gift just one present and give it back to the original gift giver.
- Play Manheim Steamroller's Silent Night with just the tree lights on.
- When shopping becomes stressful, smile at someone you don't know.
- Go see Trans Siberian Orchestra.
- When you see a soldier in uniform tell him or her thanks.
- Eat that second piece of pie and feel zero guilt.
- Start a Christmas tradition.
- Make a snowman or sandman depending on climate.
- Give the dog or cat something special.
- Don't yell at the dog or cat when you discover tinsel-laden poop.
- Never forget the reason for the season.
Godspeed. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.